Having electronic health records means that you can document all your clinic’s tasks digitally and in real-time without the need for paper charts. Beyond being paperless, there are many other advantages of EHRs to consider. Below we discuss specifically how individual clinics and enterprise organizations benefit from SMART’s Cloud-Based EHR – powered by AWS.
Benefits to individual clinics
Clinics improve staff collaboration and patient care with easily accessible information and reports automation.
- Reduces redundancy of data entry; everything is in the system and is only a few clicks away.
- Saves physical space and office supply costs without the need for a chart room.
- No more time wasted filing and searching for paper charts.
- Expedites and automates receipt of lab test results.
- Organizes information making it easy to find simplifying quality control.
- Submits co-signatures on treatment plans, service delivery notes, medical orders, and forms remotely which reduces unnecessary travel time.
- Auto alerts and reminders help to ensure that you meet patient’s treatment needs on time.
- Optimizes admissions capacity with auto-scheduling and pre-admissions screening.
- Maximizes revenue and decreases data entry with an integrated insurance billing module.
- Better tools and technology improve communication, staff retention, and employee satisfaction.
“SMART provides real-time information that allows staff to feel confident in their clinical decisions.”Eileen, Director, Boston Public Health
Benefits to enterprise organizations
Managing a network of treatment programs can be challenging but with SMART’s cloud-based EHR software, you can create consistency across all locations while scaling to your growing needs.
- Stores all your clinical information safely in one place.
- Saves operational costs by decreasing the need for equipment upgrades, IT resources, and EHR updates.
- Creates uniformity and consistency across all OTP locations.
- Establishes your corporate model of forms, services, and reporting.
- Reduces administrative costs by automating processing and reporting.
- Simplifies insurance, self-pay account management, and reporting functions with data-entry-free billing.
- Scales to your needs allowing you to adjust size and performance with no downtime.
- Automatically and seamlessly makes updates and improvements to the system.
- Leverages the latest technologies (like SMARTBridge™).
- Integrates with billing systems and state reporting eliminating the double entry of data.
Here are some advantages that clinics often overlook
Once you are operational with paperless health records, ensure that you are using all the features available. This will help you be even more efficient.
Create templates wherever possible
- Service type templates save your teams from writing repetitive notes and allows them to see the exact data they need.
- Release-of-information templates allow your team to choose a pre-populated template saving time on data entry and disclosure tracking.
- Agency referral lists (via SMART’s QSOA feature) allow your team to quickly find referral sources and track expiring agreements.
Leverage our EHR’s secure cloud environment to build your key business rules for:
Integrate your billing processes
Outsourcing insurance billing to a third-party often costs more than processing it in-house. SMART’s paperless billing module gives users the ability to successfully manage the revenue cycle in-house.
SMART’s 100% paperless health records software has more than 25 years of experience serving opioid treatment programs. SMART has the unique ability to relate to the day-to-day challenges of medication-assisted treatment professionals because we’ve worked there too. President and CEO David L. Piccoli, II, was inspired to help his family’s network of opioid treatment facilities go paperless in the early 90’s. Since then, SMART’s EHR continues to grow with all our partners as they expand and transition more locations to have 100% paperless health records.